[smokeping-users] configure fails to find perl modules, Mac 10.4.6

Darren Murphy darren at victoriajd.com
Sat Dec 14 05:22:32 CET 2013

On 14 December 2013 00:05, Gregory Sloop <gregs at sloop.net> wrote:

> Here's what I find with a quick Google search on installing modules
> under OSX.
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=640489
>
> Start there.
>
> Once you get dependencies sorted out, then smokeping should install
> fine.

That Perlmonks thread is a little dated.
Whilst using the CPAN shell still works fine, there are now available
much easier ways of installing and managing Perl modules.
One of the best of which is cpanminus (https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus)

Assuming you're using homebrew on the MAC, it should simply be a matter of:

$ brew install cpanminus
$ cpanm Config::Grammar

And that's it. No messing around with dependencies or anything else.
cpanm takes care of all that for you.