[smokeping-users] rename of smokeping.cgi into index.cgi

Jim Long smokeping at museum.rain.com
Wed Feb 6 04:19:22 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 02:53:15AM +0100, Kris De Rocker wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I've followed a nice (and working!) how-to to install smokeping on a
> CentOS system
> (http://www.wedebugyou.com/2012/11/how-to-install-and-configure-smokeping-on-centos-6/)
>

> At this moment, the smokeping URL is like http://ip/smokeping/smokeping.cgi
> Can i just do a rename of smokeping.cgi into index.cgi so that when i
> surf to http://ip/smokeping it will be visible?  Or isn't that possible?
>
> Best regards,
> Kris

Why not just let Apache do it for you?  That way, any explicit
links to smokeping.cgi won't be broken.  Also when you upgrade,
you won't have any non-standard file names to be concerned with.

Jim

ScriptAlias /smokeping/smokeping.cgi /path/to/your/htdocs/smokeping.cgi
ScriptAlias /smokeping/              /path/to/your/htdocs/smokeping.cgi