[smokeping-users] No graph by packet loss

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 16:59:35 CET 2013

Hello again,

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Ackermann, Tobias wrote:

> I thought if a device isn't reachable the graph will be shown a red line.

The graphs are made up of separate segments.  Each segment represents
the ping results for a short period of time.  In my systems that is
usually five minutes.  The position (along the vertical axis) of the
coloured line represents the 'median' ping round-trip time for that
period and the colour of the line indicates the number of pings which
were lost.

If, during some period, pings are returned but in the immediately
following period no pings are returned, then the 'median' line of the
graph for that period will be coloured red.  If in the next following
period some pings are returned, a line will be drawn in an appropriate
colour to represent that.  But if *again* no pings are returned, no
line will be shown on the graph -- it will be blank as you have seen.

You can of course change the source to make it do whatever you prefer.

--

73,
Ged.