[smokeping-users] rename of smokeping.cgi into index.cgi

Paul Mansfield paul.mansfield+smokeping at grapeshot.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 10:35:36 CEST 2013

this is the script I use for starting slaves:

#!/bin/bash

#OPTS="--debug-daemon --nodaemon"

chown root:smokeping /usr/local/smokeping/etc/secret
chmod ug=rw,o= /usr/local/smokeping/etc/secret

su - smokeping -s /bin/bash -c "/usr/local/smokeping/bin/smokeping
$OPTS --master-url=http://smokeping.example.com
--cache-dir=/usr/local/s
mokeping/cache --shared-secret=/usr/local/smokeping/etc/secret"

and here's the one I use for starting the master node:

#!/bin/bash

#OPTS="--debug-daemon --nodaemon"

cd /usr/local/smokeping
chgrp -R smokeping cache data var
chmod -R g+w cache data var

su - smokeping -s /bin/bash -c "cd /usr/local/smokeping ; bin/smokeping $OPTS"