[smokeping-users] remote fping, again

Hector Perez hperez539 at ymail.com
Wed May 1 18:23:00 CEST 2013

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 20:55 PM, Lars Thegler wrote:

> Smokeping::probes::RemoteFPing just uses the system ssh, and that
> in turn reads ~/.ssh/config for e.g. port numbers.

> /Lars

>> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Adam Heath <adjam.heath at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I have just installed smokeping and so far not hit many road blocks.
>> Howerver I am trying to setup remote fpinging to check outbound
>> connections from my various servers but I have 1 issue. I run all my
>> servers on a non-standard ssh port. How do I specify what port to
>> attempt ssh on in the Probes file?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Adam

But it usen't to be that way, I think it has changed some time ago? I
remember the "port" option was actually working.

And, Lars mentiones a ~/.ssh/ directory, but user "smokeping" doesn't
seem to have a /home/smokeping directory?

If so, that means we have to change the system ssh_config file (the
one in /etc/ssh/ directory)?

Thanks to anybody who can clarify