[smokeping-users] Best approach for minimal slave setup(Rasberrypi)

Paul Mansfield paul.mansfield+smokeping at grapeshot.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 11:11:20 CET 2013

On 6 November 2013 09:59,  <ITheodoridis at bankofgreece.gr> wrote:
> Thank you for sharing that. However I am interested in doing all
> management and metrics gathering myself so using a device that sends
> metrics outside the enterprise is out of the question.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you use Ripe Atlas instead of your own
service, I was proposing that their research and decision to use the
repurposed TP-Link device may be useful in choosing your own probe.

That said, if you run any kind of service provider, whether mobile
phone carrier/telco or internet provider, the Ripe Atlas project
should be of interest and I'd urge you to consider signing up and
getting a free probe. I have one under my desk right now, it's small
enough to be lost in the cable clutter as it only a little bigger than
one of those multi-slot CF/SD/uSD flash card readers!