[smokeping-users] AnotherDNS acting up with Net::DNS 0.73

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Jan 13 13:18:39 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:19:30PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> I've recently upgraded perl and all perl modules on my Smokeping host
> (due to FreeBSD urging me to it).  It's now perl 5.14.4 and Net::DNS 0.73,
> smokeping 2.6.9.
[..]
> Before I now go and debug this: does this ring a bell for anyone?  Is this
> a known issue, and the patch has just not been merged yet?

Ignore that, and sorry for the noise...

It turns out that there was a SmokePing instance still running from
before the perl upgrade, and a second instance on the new perl - which
explained the line number differences, and obviously the old instance
was interfering with the new instance in some way.

After killing everything and ensuring that only one instance runs, the
errors in the log are gone, and the results are fine again.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279