[smokeping-users] ubuntu 14.04 install from repo shows no graphs

goZoom SysAdmin sysadmin at gozoom.ca
Thu Jul 3 01:52:38 CEST 2014

This is a clean Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit. installed smokeping following
http://heggel4.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/install-and-configure-smokeping-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

sudo apt-get install smokeping curl libauthen-radius-perl
libnet-ldap-perl libnet-dns-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl
libnet-telnet-perl libsocket6-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl apache2

I changed only /etc/smokeping/config.d/General adding my server's ip

cgiurl =” http://<your ip or dns name>/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi”

Started smokeping sudo service smokeping start, and the url
http://192.168.11.86/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=Local.LocalMachine
shows no png's.

I had Smokeping running on 10.04 previously and seem to remember a
similar problem when I first installed it but can't recall the solution.

I've added a couple of Targets and see the RRD's updating but still
nothing in the webview. I can copy the generated png's to apache's html
directory and they have content.

I also created a test.cgi script and placed it in apache's CGI directory
and it works fine.... So this seems like a permission problem to me but
don't know where to look or why it would not work straight from the repo....

Cheers,
Ian