[smokeping-users] References & best practices for FastCGI

jpp at distantsmokes.com jpp at distantsmokes.com
Sun Jul 6 21:16:39 CEST 2014

Hello,

I already set up a SmokePing service using plain CGI, with multiple
slaves.

Quite naturally, I added the application as a target to follow its
performances. On a standard physical server (2 cores), the HTTP response
time varies around 1sec. Moreover it tends to increase when adding
slaves/targets.

I noticed mentions of SpeedyCGI in Smokeping official documentation. But
the tool is no more maintained. In this mailing list, I notice patch for
FastCGI that lead to this question:

What is the more up-to-date reference and best practices for FastCGI
smokeping deployment ?

JPP

PS: the server environment is a plain Debain Wheezy with Apache
(mod_perl potentially enabled)