[smokeping-users] edgetrigger

Philip Wehunt pwehunt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 04:00:18 CEST 2014

Greg,

How many alerts are firing when your box starts to bog?  I have been
running my fork of the mtr script for several months now with no issues.
 Matter of fact, I am now working on an expanded version that will dump the
mtr's into mysql for easy access for our NOC.  Currently, I just have the
script appending a file in /var/log with each mtr.

Could you be pushing the box you are running from too hard?