[smokeping-users] Ping stopping periodically

Greg Sloop <gregs@sloop.net> gregs at sloop.net
Mon Mar 24 20:22:39 CET 2014

I'm not sure if this mirrors your symptoms, but I've seen cases where a
target is unreachable for some time - lets call it "Target A"

Yet, for some reason, targets B, C, D, E and F, which are NOT down simply
quit logging data and appear down. I expect this is because fping hangs [or
some other process does] and even though B-F are not down, and only "A" is
down, they all appear down.

I haven't seen this behavior recently, but I haven't had any targets that
are down for many hours at once, recently, either.

HTH
-Greg