[smokeping-users] Splitting up the Targets file

Dan O'Neill dano at northpb.com
Thu May 15 17:22:20 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Marinos Chondrogiannoglou
<mchon at otenet.gr>wrote:

> I never tried multiple smokeping instances but because i needed different
> "views" for a couple of customers i'm running one instance of smokeping and
> i've created
> different cgis that I define different config file in each one that has
> only the subset of the hosts that I want the customer to see.

I'd second this methodology. One smokeping instance for the collection of
data. A cgi per view of the data. If one were really clever, one could
separate each client into an @include file and have a "smart" cgi with user
authentication that would read the user specific @include file and show
them only those measurements.

dano