[smokeping-users] Setup issue:

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri May 23 03:19:24 CEST 2014

I love smokeping - and have had it running for a long... time on a linux server, but now trying to change the configuration and add another target, I have some problems.

I edited /etc/smokeping/config.d/Targets and added some new targets.
I then did a reload and all looks good;
     /etc/init.d/smokeping reload
     Reloading latency logger daemon configuration...done

Smokeping still serves nice pages, but none of the changes I made in Targets show up. I reverted to the original configuration and made a trivial title change - same thing, no change shown.

I tried "/usr/sbin/smokeping --config=config -debug" and didn't see any errors; but it didn't ping any of the new targets.

Changing things in /etc/smokeping/basepage.html do show up, so I do seem to be using the right configuration directory.

Adding the new targets and on startup it reorts the increased number (it was 13 before):
  "May 22 21:02:54 alpha smokeping[25157]: FPing: probing 16 targets with step 300 s and offset 167 s."

Any easy way to see/chase what is wrong?