[smokeping-users] Need a hand with configuration files please.

David Thompson dthompson at esi-estech.com
Thu Nov 6 17:57:56 CET 2014

Okay so I was finally able to push past the other issues I was having but
now I’m running in this and I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong and
why Smokeping is complaining as this is how the original config files were
setup.

ERROR: /etc/smokeping/config.d/Targets_A, line 11: unknown variable 'menu'

Here’s a copy and paste from the Targets_A file.

#*** Targets Stating with 'A' ***

#probe = FPing

#slaves = nysandbox

## You have to edit and uncomment all what you want below this.

# Please, refer to smokeping_config man page for more info

# The given adresses aren't real to avoid DoS.

+ClientsStartingWithA

*menu = Clients_A*

title = Clients that start with 'A'

#host = Clients

Why in the heck is Smokeping complaining about that??? I highlighted it in
red above.

David Thompson
Network Services Support Technician
(O) 858.357.8794