[smokeping-users] Smokeping on Windows : Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC

Yves Monsenepwo GTL y.monsenepwo at gtl-rdcongo.com
Fri Oct 17 10:39:54 CEST 2014

I am trying to run smokeping on windows Server 2008 R2 64 bits.

I have installed Perl 5.16.3 and WAMP Server 64 as Apache server.

I have followed the instructions from the below Link :
http://dev.pulsed.net/wp/?p=3.

Unfortunately, I receiving an error message when trying to install RRD,
it send the error :

RRD module for activestate perl 5.8.x
-------------------------------------
ppm install failed: The PPD does not provide code to install for this
platform
Press any key to continue . . .

and when trying to run smokeping.pl, i am getting the error :

Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:smokeping-2.2.4lib lib
../lib C
:/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib .) at C:smokeping-2.2.4lib/Smokeping.pm
line 1
3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:smokeping-2.2.4lib/Smokeping.pm
line 13
.
Compilation failed in require at C:smokeping-2.2.4binsmokeping.pl line
8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:smokeping-2.2.4binsmokeping.pl
line 8.

Any solution ?

Should I try to find Perl 5.8 for windows ? or is there a newer version
of RRD for perl 5.16 ?

thanks.

--

Groupe Télécoms S.P.R.L | Kinshasa, RD Congo