[smokeping-users] Raise value $6 is not working in my script

Ben Maschke ben.maschke at shazam.com
Tue Dec 1 15:36:36 CET 2015

Hu guys,

I've got an issue with the option "edge triggered"

It's set to "yes" and I tigger a traceroute script:

to = |/etc/smokeping/config.d/trace.sh

In the script I use the "raise" value:

raise=$6

if [ $raise -eq 0 ];
then
subject="Clear-${smokename}-Alert: RECOVERY LATENCY INCREASE TO ${hostname}"
else
subject="${smokename}-Alert: LATENCY INCREASE TO ${hostname}"
fi

But I've never hit the "clear" case

Is there anything specific I have to add getting the $6 value from
Smokeping?

Thx!

--

*Ben Maschke*

Senior System Engineer

*Tel:* +44 (0) 20 8742 6820

*Shazam*

26-28 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7HA

Please consider the environment before printing this document

Shazam Entertainment Limited is incorporated in England and Wales under
company number 3998831 and its registered office is at 26-28 Hammersmith
Grove, London W6 7HA.