[smokeping-users] debug of smokeping... and a suggestion.

Jean Debogue jean at wedebugyou.com
Sat Jan 31 07:26:00 CET 2015

On 1/31/15 5:19 AM, Steve Murphy wrote:
> So, I basically erased it all,
>    and started almost from scratch, and followed the instructions
>    very carefully at:
> http://www.wedebugyou.com/2012/11/how-to-install-and-configure-smokeping-on-centos-6/
>    I also read some emails from here warning that following such
> "unauthorized"
>    cookbooks can lead to disaster, but happily, for my situation, with
> centos6, it
>    worked great. I was mostly up and running in less than an hour.
Hi,

thanks for using my smokeping howto for centos 6.

I also spent hours at beginning trying to install it and that's why I
wrote this guide. For debian based system, you just need apt-get install
smokeping.
It's also very easy to install on FreeBSD.

The real problem is to find time to make a SRPM for CentOS.

I can help a bit if someone has experience in writing/building SRPM.
Just contact me directly at jean at wedebugyou.com

Jean