[smokeping-users] New probe speedtest

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Jun 12 08:33:03 CEST 2015

Hi Adrian,

Today Adrian Popa wrote:

> Great :)
>
> I will look into how to merge my project with yours. If not possible, I will
> try to readup on github to see how to transfer the modules with their change
> history intact.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> There is one thing that might be a problem - the fact that I ignore the
> "pings" variable and "fake" the results. The way it works is that I do only
> one test and copy the results in as many array entries as needed by the pings
> variable. This way you get the data, but no variance in the test interval.
>
> I could enable it - to do $pings tests and let the end user worry about
> getting banned (especially if he tries 20 downloads from youtube in 5
> minutes), or leave it as it is and leave the warning sign.

the number of pings is configurable ... or is this global ?

you could make your probe check that only 1 ping is configured. or
maybe 3 is the minimum, not quite sure ...

also you could check the the interval is not too tight and complain
otherwhise ...

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902