[smokeping-users] Ping from jumphost

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Mon Oct 12 23:23:31 CEST 2015

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "jump host/server" but have you considered using a slave smokeping instance? [Though to be honest, if there's limitations from allowing the SP server to ping some external device, there's going to be a problem getting the data from a slave server back to the master.]

Is this really not a case where you could [safely] modify firewall rules to allow the SP server to get to the destination hosts properly?

Perhaps you need to move the SP server itself to an external location?

Finally, Nagios has some provision to execute commands an other servers via agents etc - but Nagios doesn't really do qualitative measurements like SP - just up/down ICMP checks. So that's probably not adequate - but that's about all I've got.

-Greg

Is there anyone can use fping/tcpping to remote server though jump server. I have bunch of remote host can't ping directly from my location/smokeping server but I can ping from jum host. I am wondering someone achieve that?

Thanks,

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
Voice: 503.251.0452 x82
EMail: gregs at sloop.net
http://www.sloop.net
---