[smokeping-users] Hosts on different groups

Erlington Cardoza erlington.j at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:18:15 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I'm having some inconvenient on smokeping, so perhaps somebody can help me
out.

Currently I use hierarchy structure of smokeping to separate my hosts on
"hostgroups" and works like a charm. For example:

+ Costa-Rica
menu = Costa Rica Devices
title = Graphics from Costa Rica Devices

++ San-Jose1
menu = San Jose 1
title = Graphics from San Jose1,Costa Rica
host = 192.168.0.1

+ USA
menu = USA Devices
title = Graphics from USA Devices

++ Dallas1
menu = Dallas 1
title = Graphics from Dallas1,Costa Rica
host = 192.168.1.1

My problem came out when I wanted to "group" a device into 2 different
levels. For example:

+ Costa-Rica
menu = Costa Rica Devices
title = Graphics from Costa Rica Devices

++ San-Jose1
menu = San Jose 1
title = Graphics from San Jose1,Costa Rica
host = 192.168.0.1

+ USA
menu = USA Devices
title = Graphics from USA Devices

++ San-Jose1
menu = San Jose 1
title = Graphics from San Jose1,Costa Rica
host = 192.168.0.1

It does graphic, but creates 2 different rrds which is not my goal. My goal
is to show them on different groups but using the same rrd. I'm thinking on
using simbolyc links, but wanted to know somebody else advice first.

Thanks in advance