[smokeping-users] FPingContinuous

Steven Wilton swilton at fluentit.com.au
Fri Apr 8 01:39:57 CEST 2016

Hi Matt,

To get one ping per second, you need to make step and pings the same
(i.e. 300 for both assuming default step setting).

Step is the number of seconds between RRD file updates.  If you make
this number smaller, the RRD files become larger, and the I/O load on
the system increases, so the correct setting here depends on your
specific requirements, and the default of 300 seconds is a good balance.

Pings is the number of pings to run for each RRD update.

regards

Steve