[smokeping-users] DHCP handling

Douglas Spindler doug.spindler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 01:56:48 CEST 2016

Great question.   The DNS resolver checks to see if it  the named being
queried is its own, then the local Host file first, cache, and then a DNS
query.

I'm wondering if you could also use a secondary or tertiary DNS entry which
would only be in your smkokeping host.  (This way you could run multiple
smokeping hosts and only have to run one script.  The on this DNS server
host run the script to populate the DNS table.

Let us know how it works out for you.