[smokeping-users] Adding targets on-demand

William Josefsson williamjosefsson at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 07:07:17 CET 2016

Hi, I wonder if anyone has experience with adding a large amount of targets on Smokeping, say maybe less than 2000 targets?

I want to be able to do this dynamically when a server gets provisioned, so e.g. have a CGI that will output:

++ new_node
menu = ...
title = ...
host = ..

to an included file, /etc/smokeping/mynodes/new_nodeN.cfg
I have added @include /etc/smokeping/mynodes/ to my config.

While testing, adding new target blocks without reloading brakes the SP page web page. Is there any way to do this in a nice way, add new targets dynamically without breaking the GUI and then maybe /etc/init.d/smokeping reload, hourly? thanks! will