[smokeping-users] SmokePing Charts Show Wrong Image?

Derek Ardolf dardolf at gravie.com
Mon Jan 11 21:34:40 CET 2016

Smokeping users,

Hey! I just joined the user list today, and am looking for some help. I
opened an issue here, which has the same contents as this email:
https://github.com/oetiker/SmokePing/issues/50

System:
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (completely up-to-date)
SmokePing 2.6.8 (installed via aptitude, with rrdtool)

Issue:
Graphical data seems to be appearing properly on my pages that are
configured via the Presentation + detail section of the smokeping config.
The issue seems to be when using the default + charts section, for stddev,
max, loss, and median. I'm using the following snippet as part of my
configuration:

menu = Charts
title = The most interesting destinations

++ stddev
sorter = StdDev(entries=>4)
title = Top Standard Deviation
menu = Std Deviation
format = Standard Deviation %f

++ max
sorter = Max(entries=>5)
title = Top Max Roundtrip Time
menu = by Max
format = Max Roundtrip Time %f seconds

++ loss
sorter = Loss(entries=>5)
title = Top Packet Loss
menu = Loss
format = Packets Lost %f

++ median
sorter = Median(entries=>5)
title = Top Median Roundtrip Time
menu = by Median
format = Median RTT %f seconds

The issue here is that the images that appear are the ones generated in
/var/cache/smokeping/images/__chartscache (the imagecache path for charts)
-- which only shows a single image existing per Target. The image that is
generated only shows a Last Hour latency graph. This image,
xxxx_last_3600.png, is referenced in every chart for std dev, median, max,
packet loss. Example: If google is one of the targets, the image for std
dev, median, etc. is the exact same image! I don't believe SmokePing is
actually even generating the expected image anywhere that I can see.

I'm not sure what to do here to resolve this issue?

-- Derek