[smokeping-users] smokeping-users Digest, Vol 111, Issue 1

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri May 13 15:21:26 CEST 2016

Doing a new install on Debian Linux (Jessie, Version 8) I get this error:
(apt-get install smokeping)

    Not creating home directory `/var/lib/smokeping'.
    non-standard Apache configuration or missing apache2ctl,
      not enabling /etc/smokeping/apache2.conf

So I manually copied
      from: /etc/smokeping/apache2.conf
      into:  /etc/apache2/conf-available/smokeping.conf
   and then symbolic linked to it into conf-enabled

but I still get errors on trying to run it:
     403-Forbidden
     Forbidden
     You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi on this server.