[smokeping-users] Possible to have priority still function while edgetriggered alert active?

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Thu Aug 17 21:33:41 CEST 2017

I have priorities set on my alerts so that I don't get a hostdown alert as well as a packet loss alert for example. I also use edgetrigger to get the alerts only when the condition changes. The priority doesn't seem to have the desired affect when a host is down for some time. In that case I get alerts each 5 minutes until the alerts with lower priorities are exhausted. So if I have 3 alerts that will trigger and the host is down for 20 minutes I'll eventually get all 3 alerts just staggered instead of all at once.

Is that the way it's supposed to work? Does anyone know if there is a simple way only have a new alert sent for a host already holding and edgetriggered state if the new alert is higher priority?

Thanks,
Kevin