[smokeping-users] Alerting when a Slave stops sending data

Bill Houle bhoule at siliconexus.com
Mon Apr 23 23:35:29 CEST 2018

Well, you could run monit on the master and it would do the just-alerting you wanted. I just thought on the slaves might be better so you have some actual control of the processes and/or visibility into general resources of the host. But hey, it’s Linux; multiple ways to skin that cat.

PS: monit would be free, but (if you implemented on the slaves) you could also throw some $$ at the M/Monit tool which could run on the master and give you a “single pane of glass” view into the entire monit+smokeping master-and-slaves ecosystem...

—bill