[smokeping-users] Master said 500 read timeout

Dmitry Zadorozhnyi outten0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:57:50 CEST 2018

Hello All,

I have configured SmokePing with master and 10 slaves.
Everything works perfectly until I start to add more IPs to the monitoring.
If I add more than ~300 IPs the slave starts to receive the following error
from master:

WARNING Master said 500 read timeout
ERROR: we did not get config from the master. Maybe we are not configured
as a slave for any of the targets on the master ?

On the master, in apache log I can see the following error messages:

End of script output before headers: smokeping.fcgi
mod_fcgid: error reading data, FastCGI server closed connection

I have increased the following httpd parameters, thus it should not be
related to limits.
FcgidMaxRequestLen
IPCCommTimeout
FcgidBusyTimeout

The container with master has 1GB of memory.

Please let me know if you have any ideas regarding the issue? Or
suggestions on where I should dig?

Thank you!
Dmitriy