[smokeping-users] TCPPing - glob -- how to fix this?

Christian Vo christian.vo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:23:48 CET 2018

(Sorry if it's been asked, but google search didn't clearly explain how to
resolve this =()

I'm trying to implement a probe using TCPPing
I have the script working along with tcptraceroute (i.e. works via CLI fine)

however, smokeping isn't generating any data against the target host,
and from debug allI see is the following:

TCPPing: forks 5, timeout for each target 301
TCPPing: Executing /usr/sbin/tcpping -C -x 20 host.somewhere.com 443
TCPPing: Received: GLOB(0x2e388e8)
TCPPing:  host.somewhere.com: got
(Nothing else afterwards related to TCPPing, just FPING targets and related
results)

I tried to search on " TCPPing: Received: GLOB(0x2e388e8)"
which got me this: https://github.com/oetiker/SmokePing/issues/60
but I'm not sure if I'm missing something...

my Probe definition:

+ TCPPing

binary = /usr/sbin/tcpping
forks = 5