[smokeping-users] Master / Slave setup help needed

michael.brinkmann at freifunk-lippe.de michael.brinkmann at freifunk-lippe.de
Sat Jul 25 16:38:21 CEST 2020

Hello list members,

I have set up a new SmokePing server, local checks are performing well. I would like to use a Master/Slave configuration to check hosts behind a firewall that are not directly accessible via ip address or dns name.

The hosts are connected to the internet and can reach my SmokePing server without problems.

I understand that the defined slave is not equal with the host to be checked, but I cannot find any complete instructions how the configuration needs to be done.

Is anybody here with a similar setup who can provide the config files with the slaves and targets?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Brinkmann

Freifunk Lippe e.V. - Kiliansweg 7-9 - 32108 Bad �Salzuflen
Telefon: +49 5222 7949672 - Telefax: +49 5222 �7949748
Internet:  <https://freifunk-lippe.de/> https://freifunk-lippe.de -  <mailto:mb at freifunk-lippe.de> E-Mail: �mb at freifunk-lippe.de
Vereinsregister: VR1515 AG Lemgo