[mrtg] Re: atm pvcs on cabletron 8000

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Tue Nov 28 12:56:32 MET 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, johnattan c.p. wrote:

> I attempted to use mrtg for our atm pvc & frame relay lines on
> cabletron 8000. when i run cfgmaker with the option --ifref=ip it
> found the ports but all of them were commented out (as i described a
> few days before by "cabletron 8000" subject). than i tried it without

I don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but why not just
uncomment out those interfaces?  I've had situations where the appropriate
interfaces were commented out for one reason or another, so I just
uncomment them out.  To do this, do a search and replace all for "# " to
be replaced with "", which is nothing.

in vi, it's   :1,$s/# //g

You'll have to fix it up the first few lines of the config file a little
after that, but that's worked very well for me.

Tony

Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net