[rrd-users] Re: How can I store array values in RRD?

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue May 10 20:08:17 MEST 2005

Hi Uwe,

the base data-type of rrdtool is a double ...

from what you describe I guess you are more looking at a
data-mining application ... best is to store all the data you get
in a good relational databse eg postgesql and work from there ...

rrdtool shines if you want to do longterm monitoring of a more or
less define datasource and not an every changing set of workloads

what some people do, is that they create rrd files on the fly for
graphing purposes, but this is not realy the idea behind rrdtool

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich