[rrd-users] Re: How can I store array values in RRD?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu May 12 10:03:38 MEST 2005

Uwe Geissler wrote:

> Hi List,
> I am in the process of evaluating RRD.
> A lot of my data comes as an array, i.e. the same type of data over and
> over again:

[snip]

> All of the examples I came across did store the values for array-like
> sources in different DSs.

Uwe, if I've understood your question correct, (and I'm not sure I have), then you might not
need multiple RRDs.  I think you just need to reformulate your question in terms of
data-sources or measuring points, then it'll become clear.  Or clearer.

If for instance you have your data-sources arranged as a 4x4 array, that is really just 16
data-sources.  If only 4 of those is active at any one time, that's fine, you just don't record
any values during those times (for those data-sources).

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.de/freetrial - überzeugen Sie sich - 30 Tage kostenlos und unverbindlich!