[mrtg-developers] Monitoring Applications..

JR Ponce de Leon ponce at merchise.com
Mon Apr 30 00:50:27 MEST 2001

Hi list.

I was looking at the archives but found no aswer.

I would like to monitor an application TCP port with MRTG and find if it's
still alive, an example of that would be an www server, can somebody point
to an configurable/reprogrammable script (perl is preferrable) which can
connect to the application port, pass some request and get the return? So I
can decide if the application is running properly and return the values to
mrtg.

Thanks in Advance.
Ponce