[mrtg-developers] Re: Some problems with version 2.10.Opre4

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 7 07:38:50 MEST 2003

Today Keld Damsbo wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> I run MRTG on at Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
>
> I have just upgraded to version 2.10.Opre4, but it make some
> strange numbers in my logfiles. The values are 1000 of times to
> high. On version 2.10.Opre3 and earlier, there is no problem. The
> problem exist in all my logfiles, traffic, memory, voltage via
> MBM2MRTG and so on.
>
> Could a problem have been introduced in version 2.10.Opre4 ? Is
> there a way I could test this more, to give you a better feedback
> ?

Hi Keld,

certainly new problems could have been introduced ...... it would
help if you ran pre3 and pre4 in parallel to see what the differenc
exactly is ... it would also help if you ran with just one target
in both instances and added

--debug=snpo,log

to the mrg program call to see what numbers are polled off the devices
and what is being logged

tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich