[mrtg-developers] Re: MRTG 2.10 (fwd)

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo at colitti.com
Fri May 23 16:26:59 MEST 2003

Hi Tobias,
yes, it's a problem in the IPv6 code. I didn't notice it because it only
seems to happen when logging is turned on *and* you get an SNMP error
(at least, that was the only way I could reproduce it). It can be fixed
in two ways:

1. Hack around it by putting "local $SIG{'__DIE__'};" in the eval block.

2. Apply the attached patch, which reworks the IPv6 socket detection
    based on Simon's suggestions. I sent it to him about ten days ago
    and was waiting for him to look over it before sending it to you.

#1 is very ugly, but it should not introduce new bugs, so it might be
useful as wallpaper if you want to release soon. #2 is much better, and
improves the IPv6 code in other ways too, but I haven't tested it much,
so it may introduce new bugs :)

If you are planning on another "pre" release, then perhaps we could
apply the patch so it could be tested (and we would be cleaning up the
IPv6 code too). If you want to apply it, note that it is against stock
2.10.0pre1 and does not include the other fix I sent, so they must both
be applied.

Regards,
Lorenzo

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> there seems to be a problem with the ip v6 stuff, or is this fixed
> with the patch you sent me ?

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 3k (3925 bytes)