[mrtg-developers] Update INET6-2.00 module

Rafael Martinez Torres rafael.martinez at novagnet.com
Sun Nov 23 23:05:59 MET 2003

Hi mrtg folks:

One month ago , the Socket6-0.12 module was officially released into the
CPAN center, but it did not included my proposed fix-update, due to the
"deprecated" API getipnodebyname(), among others....

This may cuase a problem for those running mrtg when  using
INET6-1.28/Socket6-0.12 at some systems, like Linux, as they did not
implement the deprecated API... Some others do, like freeBSD, (I think)
could ran.

For those using MRTG with IPv6 , please upgrade your INET6 module into
2.00 version: I uses the mandatory API, (getaddrinfo, getnameinfo...), and
includes a exhaustive test suite .

Now they will run from both "official" CPAN releases , INET6
and Socket6.

http://search.cpan.org/src/MONDEJAR
http://www.ngn.euro6ix.org/IPv6/INET6

No changes are needed on your MRTG version.

Cheers...