[mrtg-developers] Getting error from MRTG when running externalscript

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Mar 18 15:28:14 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 06:16:25AM -0500, Scott S. Heath wrote:
> Actually I wrestled with that for a while. There is a new line char in
> the file and I found it easier to leave in then chomp it.

I suggest you run the output of your script through "od -tx1" or
similar, and then look for characters that shouldn't be there.

Alternatively: replace the script temporarily with some other
script returning a constant number and see if that makes the
problem disappear.  If not, you need not wast time on debugging
that script, but if the problem is magically solved, you know
you have to remove the problem from your perl script.