[mrtg-developers] Getting error from MRTG when runningexternalscript

Scott S. Heath SHeath at udi.com
Tue Mar 18 16:26:44 CET 2008

I replaced the last print line of my code with a hard coded print
statement just printing out just 250,50 and received this error:

readline() on closed filehandle NF at /usr/bin/mrtg line 1311.
/usr/bin/mrtg line 1484.

When I pass this code through od -c I get:
0000000   2   5   0  \n   5   0  \n
0000007

When I pass my original code through od -c I get:
0000000   2   0   0  \n   0  \n   0  \n   C   o   p   y   Q   u   e   u
0000020   e   L   e   n   g   t   h  \n
0000030

I'm not sure how to interpret this as I'm brand new to perl.

Thanks!