[mrtg-developers] percentage issue with maximal value

KNOCK nkt.7star at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 13:59:35 CET 2009

Hi All,

Merry christmas and a very happy new year to all.

My query regarding percentages that appear below MRTG graphs has been asked
earlier and for the answers users have given reference to the link
http://faq.mrtg.org but the link is no more reachable. I also tried the link
on MRTG site http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-faq.en.html but did not get
my answer.

The MRTG displays three values Maximal, Average and current values along
with percentages.
As per previous queries, the percentages for "Current" is =  current value
divided by MaxBytes value and the same for average percentage too. I checked
my graphs and this seem to be working.
But this does not seem to apply to maximal value as the percentages on graph
are different from what i get using the above formula.

Can you please help with this query?

Thanks and Regards,