[mrtg-developers] Juniper Netscreen ssg description

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jul 14 04:52:38 CEST 2012

First, make sure you have the latest cfgmaker in the latest MRTG.  I know some additional device OIDs were supported automatically in later versions.

Next - if the Juniper enterprise OID is not automatically picked up by your cfgmaker (like the Cisco one is) then the only way around it is to make a custom interface template that you pass on to cfgmaker via the --if-template option.  This requires a bit of Perl coding knowledge :(

There are some custom templates available at http://www.steveshipway.org/cfgmaker but none for Juniper as yet.  However, since we are now installing Junipers at UoA it would be in my interests to make one...  I'll take a look when I get back to work Monday...

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead