[mrtg] Re: migrate from 2.5.4c

Jeff Liebermann jeffl at comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Fri Aug 6 20:25:40 MEST 1999

> How tough is it going to be to migrate from 2.5.4c to the current version?
> Am I going to run in to a bunch of errors?

It's easy.  The mrtg.cfg file and log files are the same.
The only gotcha that I can think of is the location of
the files.  In 2.5.x, I had everything in the:
	/u/mrtg-2.5.4/  (unix)
	C:\MRTG-2.5.4\  (dos)
directories.  The current 2.8.6 wants to have the major files
in:
	/u/mrtg-2.8.6/run/  (unix)
	C:\MRTG-2.8.6\run\  (dos)
If you have any targets that execute scripts or have files that
are directory location specific, these will need to be tweaked.

There's also an open question as to which version of Perl
is required.  The mrtg perl script says 5.003 or above.
The main MRTG web page says 5.004.  I'm using 5.003 without
problems but may have missed some errors or features.  Run:
	perl -v
for version info.

--
# Jeff Liebermann  Liebermann Design  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz  CA  95060
# 831.336.2558 voice  wb6ssy at ki6eh.#cca.ca.usa.noam  wb6ssy.ampr.org 44.4.18.10