[mrtg] Re: cpu on routers

Joey Officer jofficer at insidehouston.org
Mon Aug 30 10:11:23 MEST 1999

For one, yes, this has been discussed based on many different routers.

moving on...

In order to monitor the CPU usage of a specific router, you must first
determing wether or not your router supports CPU monitoring.  I believe most
Cicso routers support this.  The next step is to determine the OID of the
CPU monitor.  Then you would enter it just like an ethernet monitor.  Based
on OID.  MRTG can monitor just about anything as long as it returns data in
a readable format.  If there is an OID for it, then it will return the
necessary data that MRTG needs to monitor.

Joey Officer
Systems Analysts
Quality Publishing, Inc.
281-362-7141 x106