[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Up/Down Status On Cisco

Daniel R. Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Sat Dec 11 17:14:12 MET 1999

If you are going to use this as monitoring of up/down status, though, I
would not recommend it. There is a freeware program called sysmon that does
a good job of monitoring. You can get it at http://puck.nether.net/sysmon/
. My company uses it to do monitoring of everything, POPs, radius, ports,
web, so on....

___
Dan

At 02:16 PM 12/10/99 -0500, Thomas Clarke wrote:

>Hi all. I've got a Cisco 3640 with over 100 Hssi Interfaces. I'm
>monitoring every one of them with mrtg and it works great. My problem is
>that some of the interfaces have come down recently. My mrtg keeps
>updating those interfaces although there is no traffic going through them.
>Is there a way to produce an up/up, up/down, or down/down notification
>with mrtg so I can see if there's a problem?
>Thanx in advance for the help.
>
>  TC
>
>--

___