[mrtg] Re: Manually Editing Log Files

Scheidel, Greg Greg_Scheidel at ed.gov
Tue Dec 14 20:12:10 MET 1999

Ok, this explains how the first line is generated; it is the current count
on the interface as of the last reading, not a running tally maintained by
MRTG.

I've tried editing the log file manually, using the timestamps (converted in
a reference file to readable date/time values) to figure out where to place
the data.  I ran into problems when I ran MRTG with error messages about it
disregarding inconsistent data.  I was holding off on trying again until I
knew for certain that the first line of the log file wasn't the problem; I
will attempt this again and get the exact error messages if they come up
again.

Thank you.

Greg S.