[mrtg] Cron errors

Travis Fitch tfitch at ses.swin.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 07:48:43 MET 1999

Hello There,

I am running mrtg version 2.8.9, and for all intents and purposes everythig is
rnning alright, expect I keep recieving the follwoing messages

Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin//rateup Can't rename xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.tmp to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.log updating log file
Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin//rateup could not read the primary log file for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin//rateup Can't rename xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.log to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.old updating log file

I have deleted all the files relating to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and then restart mrtg.
However the messages keep on coming.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
 --

Travis Fitch
Computer and Network Support
email: tfitch at mordor.ses.swin.edu.au
phone: 0414-324-370 (ext 3370 / 5183)

"There are two things that are infinite;
Human stupidity and the universe.
And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein