[mrtg] Re: Cron errors

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Thu Dec 16 09:50:01 MET 1999

Travis,

MRTG will give you those errors anytime it is building new log files.
Since you keep deleting the log files, it keep creating them, and sending
you the error.   I imagine that if you just let it go, it will do fine.
Let it run 2 or 3 times ( or run it by hand ), if you are still receiving
the errors, *then* you have a problem.   For now, it looks like normal
mrtg behavior.

Cheers,

-Tim

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Travis Fitch wrote:

> Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin//rateup Can't rename xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.tmp to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.log updating log file
> Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin//rateup could not read the primary log file for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin//rateup Can't rename xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.log to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.old updating log file
>
> I have deleted all the files relating to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and then restart mrtg.
> However the messages keep on coming.

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net