[mrtg] Re: NON SNMP Graphing

Radoslaw Pokluda Radoslaw.Pokluda at pik-net.pl
Thu Dec 16 09:31:12 MET 1999

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 11:42:03AM -0700, Muhammad Masroor Akram wrote:
> Hello there....
>
> Can anynbody tell me, how can graph a text file.
> Actually my text file has 50 to 60 lines, i need MRTG to count those lines and graph it
> the text file resides on my local hard drive and it is being updated every 40 seconds.
> Can anybidy tell me the way out of this problem.
>

> Thanks
>

> Masroor
>
> --

Hi !
If you work on Linux system (or similar) you can use
"less  /path/file| wc -l " and this command return you numbers of lines
yours file.
Now you must as target in MRTG write shell script which have
this command two times.

Sincelery..........

--
Radoslaw Pokluda,    System Administrator,    Pik-Net Sieci Rozlegle
ul. Toszecka 102,	 Gliwice 		      	      POLAND
voice: +48 32 2327070 w. 312,355 e-mail: Radoslaw.Pokluda at pik-net.pl