[mrtg] Sv: migrating gifs to pngs?

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Tue Dec 28 22:30:03 MET 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: <as108 at daimlerchrysler.com>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 5:25 PM
Subject: [mrtg] migrating gifs to pngs?

> And the million dollar question:  Since new gd makes .png files, I changed
> indexmaker to link to the .png files.  On the old box I have all .gif
> files.  How can I keep all the data? hmmm.....just move the .log file? did
> I just answer my own question?

If you move the gif's over, and rename them to .png, the browser will display
them anyway. At least the browser will display a gif, even if it's called .jpg and vice versa. So I think the browser will display a gif, even if it is called .png.

But if you move the datafile, the png's will soon be generated anyway, the yearly will probably take a day or so.

Leif