[mrtg] migrating gifs to pngs?

as108 at daimlerchrysler.com as108 at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Dec 28 17:25:35 MET 1999

I've got 2.5.4c running on an hp 10.20 unix box
I just set up 2.8.9 running on an hp 10.20 unix box.

I have over 100 routers worth of interfaces and data.
What's the best way to move all this over to the new set up.

And the million dollar question:  Since new gd makes .png files, I changed
indexmaker to link to the .png files.  On the old box I have all .gif
files.  How can I keep all the data? hmmm.....just move the .log file? did
I just answer my own question?

Ok well, here's another:  Seems like the .pngs take a little longer to
generate.  Is this because they are not cached anymore after I view them
once, and they regenerate every time I go back?

thanks much,

Andy